Monday, August 27, 2007

First day of daycare

Well today was Matthew's first day of daycare. I did surprisingly well, I held it together until I got to the car and started to drive away. Then the flood gates opened. It was really weird to just hand him over to another mother and leave for the afternoon. He ate shortly after I dropped him off and played with them for the afternoon. When Ryan and I went picked him up he gave us a smile when he was handed to me. That made my heart melt, knowing that he recognized us. Needless to say I held him most of the night, getting my scent back on him. It is hard having your son smell like someone else. We went grocery shopping and he slept in his sling close to me. He just ate and was asleep at 8:30 tonight. He was very tired tonight and did not have any trouble falling asleep. He will go for a half day tomorrow as well and then full time starting on Wednesday.

1 comment:

B said...

I can't imagine how hard that is!!

I started a blog on here as well. First I get the same car seat and stroller as you and now I'm copying this, too! Quit having such great ideas! hehe ;-)