Monday, November 12, 2007

Tis the Season!

Matthew and I are home from school and daycare today because Matthew has a pretty nasty cold and cough. He just wasn't himself this weekend, sleeping a lot and cranky when he was awake. We had to make him eat because he didn't have an appetite and when he did nurse, he couldn't because of the congestion. He was able to take a bottle much easier though. He was up for four hours Saturday night and then about every half-hour to hour last night. I took him to the pediatrician this morning and he has an ear infection on top of the cold. His lungs were clear though, so that is a good sign.

His congestion is starting to break up and when he coughs, he often will get some up in the cough. Poor little guy! He is on antibiotics for ten days for the ear infection and hopefully the cold and cough will trickle out within the next few days or so. We want him to be healthy and happy for Thanksgiving! He is much happier sitting propped up, so we rigged a place on the couch for him (with a comforter and toss pillows) to nap comfortably. His smile has returned this afternoon, making me feel a little better about his first time being sick. Now I know what my parents went through all those times with me! Sorry mom and dad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Every time you or Brian got sick I got a sick feeling in my stomach, and it didn't go away until you were better. This never goes away, even when your kids grow up. It just comes with motherhood! I know Matthew is in good hands and will get better quickly. Mom