Sunday, April 13, 2008

Back to Work!

As the weekend comes to an end, I am getting ready to go back to work. I enjoyed my week home with Matthew, but I am ready to get back to my other kids. We took a few walks at the mall because the weather has not been so good and I have been busy chasing him all around the house. Matthew enjoyed sleeping in every day until 9:00, which put him into an excellent mood all day. He then took his usual afternoon nap and was off to be by 8:00 every night.

Matthew now likes to chase the dogs when he can and is especially interested in their tails. He is just about ready to cut a top tooth. It is so close you can see it, but it just hasn't cut the gums yet. He has been a drooly mess the past week or so, but a cute mess at that (as you can see from the photo above).

Henry Gunberg came over on Saturday to "play" with Matthew. He is about 3 1/2 months younger than Matthew and about two inches taller! Henry's dad, Gary, is 6'5" so we all think he will be just like his daddy. Ryan and I have come to the realization that every child will be taller than Matthew. Though, he does have some hope. All the men in Ryan's family, except Ryan, are taller than six feet, so he could end up being taller than us. Time will only tell.

We are now one work week away from Matthew's tube surgery. We have to be at the hospital at 6:15 am Friday morning. His surgery is slated for 7:30. We should be home by noon. After that we will just relax and keep things quiet for him over the weekend.

I updated the Early April photo album and added some photos of Matthew in the morning playing in his crib. Every morning when I get him out of his crib, he is standing up and babbling. He hasn't cried in the morning for me to get him in at least a few weeks.

No comments: