Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


We started this weekend with a fun filled day at the park enjoying the sunshine and the geese. Ryan had to work yesterday, so Matthew and I went with Grandma Genisio to Milham Park. Today we had a nice breakfast at home as a family and then went to Grandma Reslock's for an early dinner to celebrate Mother's Day. Tonight we will just relax and enjoy the pitter patter of the rain on the windows.

Looking back to where we were just last year is amazing! On mother's day last year I was having a baby shower and we had just been approved for our new house. We were busy getting things in order to move and welcome Matthew into our lives. We had no idea what the year would bring, we could only imagine. Matthew is such a wonderful little man and we love him dearly. We cherish every moment we have with him from when we wake up in the morning and have breakfast to his bedtime bath, story and bottle. We love the crazy weekend bed head and lounge in our pajamas. I never knew how I would feel on Mother's Day before. I honestly thought of it as another Hallmark holiday, but now that I am a mom, I have a new found feeling toward the day. I know I don't need a special calendar day to know that my role as Matthew's mommy is so important, but for some reason the term Mother's Day makes me a bit emotional. I am a mother to a wonderful soul that looks up to me and watches my every move.

With that being said, Happy Mother's Day to Grandma Debi, Grandma Julie, Grandma Phyllis, Great-Grandma Vivian, Great-Grandma Marjorie, Great-Grandma Duffy, Great-Grandma Betty, and Aunt Cara!

No comments: