Monday, August 3, 2009

A Smooth Transition

Matthew is now sleeping in his new room and his new bed with ease. It took a couple days of skipping nap and passing out in the new bed to get him accustomed to his new surroundings. I love that when he is sleepy or wants a little rest, he will climb up in there and take a little rest.

Potty training has been put on the back burner because Matthew said he was "all done" and put the potty in the closet. Fine with me, we weren't expecting him to be trained for probably another year following the patterns of all the other boys we know. If he can be day trained by the time he is three, that would be great.

Brushing his own teeth has been one of Matthew's new "I can do it" chores. He doesn't like our help, but needs it at times to get the junk off his teeth. We got him a child's electric toothbrush to help him clean better. I saw today that my little fuss bucket has also been cutting his last teeth. His second year molars are starting to cut the gums, explaining the harsh moods and resistance to eat anything except applesauce and bananas.

Just when we will get done with Matthew's teething we will have to do it all over again with #2 on the way! I am 15 weeks pregnant today and due January 25th! I feel great and have had no symptoms of being pregnant other that being a little tired. We will have our ultrasound next month to hopefully find out the gender. I have no idea or guesses, though many family members are "rooting" for a girl. We'll see! This time around will be a different experience when it is time to deliver. First off, we won't be moving!! Secondly I will have a scheduled C-section so we will know exactly when it will happen and can plan accordingly. We are incredibly excited for the kids to be so close in age and we will be done after this one! We will keep you posted with the progress.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh! You are pregs! Congrats, so excited for you! I love all your posts, looks like you guys have enjoyed your summer! We so need to get together before you head back to school!