Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!









We took Matthew out for his first official time trick-or-treating. We went with the Brink family and Matthew and Brady were matching dinosaurs. Lindsay's mom, Donna, made the costumes for the boys and they couldn't have turned out better. Matthew has actually been wearing his costume for about three weeks around the house! The boys had a great time walking up to each house and as Matthew would say "tick-or-teat" and then of course "tank you" when they gave him some candy. They both made it almost around our big block, which we were proud of. We posted a bunch of photos to our site, please enjoy!

In other news, the doctors scheduled my C-section for January 28th, which is three days after my due date. The hospital has new guidelines for their scheduling, so if I make it to that day, we will deliver then. If not, we will deliver when I either start laboring or my water breaks, like with Matthew. They don't want the labor to get too far into it in case Andrew gets stuck like Matthew did. Other than that, I continue to feel great and have avoided the first and start of the second round of the flu at school. I continue to knock on wood because all my coworkers have gotten it! Matthew will now kiss, hug and nose kiss my belly for his baby brother. He is finally understanding what is happening. He loves babies too, but who knows how he will adjust when there is a new baby at his house for good.

3 comments:

Michelle Meister said...

Matthew is an absolute doll Laurie. I just LOVE those cheeks!!!

Mandy said...

I love Matthew's costume! He looked adorable! I didn't know that Lindsay Brink was back in town? So fun that your boys are buddies!

So, yes, Cade goes to CHUM preschool! Who is your friend's little boy? So funny!

The Chenery Family said...

Thanks for the comments ladies, we had a wonderful time! Mandy~The Brink's are still in Detroit, they just came home for Halloween. Lindsay's mom made the costumes for the boys. I wish they were back here though. Matthew and Brady are only two months apart and the next round of boys will be about three weeks apart, so that should be fun! Carrie just had a baby boy three weeks ago too (she lives in Chicago).

My friend's son's name is Jack VanDam, I think he is in the morning class. His mom, Heidi Fuss, went to school with your brother, Chris. Small world huh!