Thursday, February 18, 2010

One month old



Andrew is one month old today and boy has it flew on by. We are so busy with two kids that the days just seem to melt away. Andrew continues to be a good baby, very similar to Matthew. He is a pretty good sleeper at night, allowing for me to get about five hours between feedings during the night hours. He continues to eat about every three to four hours during the day. I am guessing he weighs at least eight pounds now and is starting to fill out his cheeks. I don't take him back to the doctor until he is two months old.

My maternity leave is over half over and I am ready to go back to work. I love spending my time with Andrew, but I don't have the reservations I did when I went back with Matthew. I know that Andrew will be in a loving home with Deah and in good care. I have my routine set at work for my pumping schedule. The second time around just seems to be more laid back and relaxed. Plus, the quicker I go back, the quicker I have a week off for Spring Break, then move into my new building and then have a nice summer with my boys.

Matthew is warming up to him daily and will hold him only if he is sitting in the middle of the Boppy pillow. Matthew also seems to enjoy all the new baby toys we have gotten out for Andrew, exploring them as a two year old would. He loves to lay on the floor with Andrew, especially during tummy time. He is learning how to be gentle with him too and understanding that Andrew can't quite wrestle with him yet. I've added new photos to the site, sorry for the delay! Click here to enjoy :)

1 comment:

Michelle Meister said...

What a beautiful little guy Laurie! He looks like a good snuggler. We'll definitely have to spend some time together this summer. :0)