Thursday, June 3, 2010

I'm "free"

As Matthew would put it he is "free" today on his "dirthday". I still can't believe that my little boys is three years old. He has grown up way too fast before our eyes. We celebrated the day by trying the potty again, going out to eat, having ice cream and playing outside. He celebrated at daycare with his buddies too with chocolate cupcakes...yum! We are having his family party this weekend and we will post more pictures then.

As for potty training, we are going to hit it really hard starting Monday. Matthew has gotten up every morning completely dry so we have been sitting on the potty. I can tell he really needs to go, but he won't go in the potty (with the exception of one day). He will just sit there and when he really has to go he asks for a diaper. I won't give it to him and instead distract him with some books. Unfortunately we have been running out of time in the morning and need to get to Deah's house, so I eventually have to put one on him. I was done with kids today and my last day for packing and report cards is tomorrow. Our building will start the demo process on Saturday. So now that I am home it is perfect timing for training. We have vowed not to buy another pack of diapers for Matthew so we'll see how that goes. Wish us luck :)

1 comment:

Michelle Meister said...

Good luck with the potty training Laurie.