Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Drew's first birthday!

Drew is officially one today (at 3:55 am to be exact) and it brings some mixed emotions for me.  I felt this way when Matthew turned one and still get mixed emotions when he has a birthday.  This year flew by and it is not that I want to be back to where I was 12 months ago with a brand new baby, but I wish the time went by at a slower pace.  I think knowing that he is my last baby and knowing that I won't be holding a new baby is kind of sad.  He is growing up and hitting all sorts of milestones and I am starting to forget the early days.  I love that he still like to cuddle and I love my time with him at night when I give him his bottle before bed.  Usually when he is done he is incredible sleepy and I take advantage of that quiet and sincere time with him.  I know that he won't want to cuddle like this forever and Matthew rarely wants to, so I am going to milk it as long as I can.  He has been such a great baby with a laid back personality.  He just goes with the flow of life and nothing seems to really bug him.  I look forward to the coming years and hope they do not fly by as fast as this one did.  Here's a monthly progression of his growth...enjoy

 Less than an hour old
 
one month old

two months old...pretty much slept all the time
 
three months old and starting to lose all his baby hair
 
four months old
 
five months old
 
six months old
 
seven months old
 
eight months old
 
nine months old and showing off those pearly whites
 
ten months old and eating...go figure

 
eleven months old and happy as can be
one year old!
Happy Birthday to my sweet, sweet baby boy.  Thank you for a wonderful and eventful first year. 

No comments: