Sunday, May 22, 2011

Matthew's race

My school puts on a 5K and a one-mile fun run for the community.  This was the second race they have put on and it was much bigger than last year.  The weather was beautiful and the kids and families had a great time.  I had planned on running the 5K, but with Ryan being gone it has been nearly impossible to find the time to run on my own.  Instead I decided to run the one-mile run with Matthew.  He did excellent.  He ran the entire time, even after tripping over the curb and skinning his knee.  Of course we stopped at every drain to see if there was water, but luckily the neighborhood behind school doesn't have many drains.  Matthew got a ribbon when he crossed the finish line and he was SO proud!  We stayed for the metals ceremony and Matthew had a great time cheering for all the 5K winners.  Hopefully I will get some more pictures of the race and the photographers throughout the course start submitting their pictures. 


Ryan will be home in 5 days for a weekend visit and we all can't wait!  Matthew has been tearing off his countdown every morning.  He never lets me forget either.  School is out in two weeks (on Matthew's birthday) and I have to admit that I have some reservations about it.  School and daycare are my routine and they both really help make the days go faster.  Weekends have been super busy and that helped too.  As much as I hate to make my days go by faster, because that means the boys are growing up way too fast, I also need that to help this time in our lives to be over.  My fear is that once I am out for the summer I will get a little stir crazy being home with the kids 24/7.  I have set up for them to go to daycare every Thursday so I can get things done, like mowing the lawn, appointments, grocery shopping, etc.  We do have a few trips planned, too, but I hope we can keep the rest of the days busy and fun-filled too.  

No comments: