Monday, August 6, 2007

Two month check-up


Matthew and I made our trip to Ann Arbor to see Brian, Cara, and Maia. Matthew did very well in the car. He slept most of the way there and took a short nap at their house, but he did stay awake for most of the trip home which worked out very nice for us. When we got home, he immediately ate and went to bed and slept for eight hours! Needless to say when I woke up at 5:15 this morning, I ran into his room to see if he was okay and sure enough he was still sleeping. It was very nice to see Brian, Cara, and Maia. Maia is getting so big, it is hard to believe that they are only five months apart. Maia has such a personality, it was a pure joy to hold her and play with her.

We just got back from our two month appointment at the pediatrician. Matthew now weighs 11 pounds 10 ounces. He is 22.5 inches long too. He has gained four pounds and 2.5 inches since his two week check-up. He got five shots in the legs and one oral injection in his mouth. He screamed of course and I cried as I knew I would. It was very hard to see him screaming in pain like that. He held my fingers during the shots and never let go. I'm glad this is a part of his childhood that he won't remember. I immediately nursed him when the shots were done which calmed him immediately and put him to sleep for the trip home. He is sleeping right now in his swing, resting and relaxing. We just need to keep an eye on him and watch for a fever. We don't go back to the doctor until he is four months old.

On another note, Lindsay and Jon had their son, Brady, on Saturday. He was 6 lbs. 15 oz. Congratulations to them and we all can't wait to meet him!

No comments: