Monday, August 13, 2007

Weekly Update

Here is a new photo taken at our house this weekend of my family. Matthew had a busy weekend and did fairly well with the hustle and bustle. Ryan and I went to our friend, Abby's wedding on Saturday and left Matthew with Ann for the day. He was really good for her and Greg, sleeping most of the day and early evening. He slept pretty good that night and into the early morning Sunday. We hosted a thank you BBQ for all our movers. Matthew did okay at that. He was passed around a lot at the BBQ, being held by a lot of different people. He missed his afternoon nap making him overly tired by the end of the party. He refused to lay in his crib, and would only sleep on Ryan or myself. He fell asleep and slept for eight hours at night, but has been very cranky for most of today, mainly crying if I put him down. So, we are working hard to get his routine back into place.

Other than that, we are having a blast being new parents. We are very fortunate that Matthew will sleep between eight to ten hours at night and then take a morning and afternoon/early evening nap. He smiles even more now and is very comforted by Ryan and I holding him. Norm likes Matthew more now too, he often will kiss Matthew for no reason now (he used to only do it for a cookie!). I am looking forward to my last two weeks with Matthew before I head back to work.

No comments: