Tuesday, June 3, 2008

It's official

At 3:51 today Matthew officially turned one! I can't believe it! We turned around his car seat last night and Matthew enjoyed his first ride the right way. He was smiling and kicking his feet the whole way to Deah's. He is saying momma and dada more often and in the correct context which is a nice feeling! I was talking to him the other day and pointed to Ryan and said "who is that?" and he said "dada". Then I pointed to myself and said "who am I?" and he said "momma" after some thought. He started with the 'b' sound as well as working on the 'd' sound. It sounds a lot like he's trying to say Deah!

He is also working very hard on his walking. Today when I picked him up, Deah was holding his hands to walk to me and gently let go of one of Matthew's hands, but he kept on walking to me until I held my hands out for him to reach for me. We don't think it will be much longer, probably a month or so, but then again we aren't rushing it either.

Ryan is off for his first fishing tournament for the year tonight, so after a quick bath (he got pretty messy at his daycare party) we will head to Grandma and Grandpa Genisio's house for dinner, just the two of us (plus the dogs).

So here is to many more happy and fun filled years for Matthew and our whole family! Happy birthday little man, I am so lucky to be your momma!

No comments: