Thursday, June 12, 2008

School's Out!

Sorry for the delay in the postings, we have been really busy here. I am officially done with another year of school! My kids were done at noon yesterday and I checked out at 9:45 this morning. My room is all packed up for the summer and I picked Matthew up at noon and I am ready to enjoy my summer with him. We don't have any specific plans for the summer aside from his Tuesday daycare day. I plan on going on lots of walks and we are going to play a lot with friends. Ryan and I are looking into different attachments for my bike so I can take Matthew on rides. We are leaning towards a bike seat that attaches on the front of the bike, over the handlebars. I think they are called kangaroo seats. Wither that or a bike trailer. We haven't decided yet.

In Matthew news, he is starting to test his balance more when standing. Last night he was standing while holding onto my knees when he just let go. He just stood there balancing with his arms for a good ten seconds before he fell to his butt. Then he was right back up and trying it again. He is getting braver by the day. He is also eating so much more than before. He loves whole milk and drinks it from a sippy cup at every meal (with the exception of his before bed bottle, he won't give that one up so easy). I take him to the doctor on Monday for his one year checkup and shots, so I will get a better measure of his weight and height. He has been mistaken for a girl on two separate occasions, so he will have a minor haircut in the near future. That is about all for now. Enjoy the rest of the week!

No comments: