Sunday, July 15, 2007

It's Crib Time!


The blinds came in and Matthew slept in his crib for the first time last night!! After a nice warm bath and a nighttime lotion he fell right asleep. He slept quite well too, up about every 4-5 hours. After each feeding and diaper change he fell right back asleep. Tonight I put a CD player in his room and played a CD of instrumental music and lullabies and he enjoyed those, falling asleep pretty easily listening to them too.

I have to say it was a little weird having him down the hall from us. I was checking up on his often and slept with the baby monitor on my pillow. I know this stage will pass with me, but having him in my room for six weeks and then all of the sudden down the hall is quite a change. I don't hear every baby grunt or noise anymore in the middle of the night and I think my few hours of sleep were more of a quality than before. I think he got more quality sleep as well not having to listen to Daddy snore!

It is finally starting to feel like a home here. Jobs and tasks get checked off our list and things get put up or assembled and with every new thing it feels more and more like home. With Matthew turning six weeks old today, it means I have six weeks until the first day of school, which seems way too weird to me right now. I am going to enjoy these next six weeks with Matthew because I know they will pass by quickly and I want to cherish every moment!

No comments: