Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sleeping Beauty

Since moving into his crib, Matthew has been sleeping so much better! We are seeing 5-6 hours for the first shift of sleep once we put him down for the night! He is in bed by 9:00 and usually up at 3:00 to eat. I haven't gotten used to the pattern because I know it will most likely change soon, but we are enjoying it while it lasts. After that long stretch he is up every three hours to eat. He loves his crib too. We wanted him to get used to the idea that his crib is the place to sleep, so I try my hardest to get him in there if he naps during the day. Once I feed him before he goes to bed, we change him and wrap him up. He hits the mattress of his crib and usually falls asleep within twenty minutes. Sometimes he just stares at the wall or plays with his hands in his mouth. He has a CD player playing music too, which he really seems to enjoy!


Matthew also loves bath time! Now that he doesn't need a sponge bath and his can be in his bath tub, he really enjoys it. Only on a few occasions has the warm water made him go tinkle.

In addition to Matthew discovering his hands, which he often sticks in his mouth, we got our first real smiles the other day. It was just so precious, I cried of course! To have your son look at you in the eyes and flash that grin is just so heartwarming. I am loving every minute of it!

No comments: